Wednesday 9 March 2011

Chic in Barbour




Barbour didn't invent oilcloth or waxed cotton coats but they sure did make them chic. What other company could lay claim to outfitting Steve McQueen and Queen Elizabeth?  I personally love the quilted versions and own the Ladies Flyweight Utility Jacket in dark stone.  The oil cloth coats tend to look a little boxy and unflattering on women unless you buy a belted option or add your own like Olivia Palermo. It really is the boys who look best in Barbour.  They are all over the Upper East Side this time of year and are my kryptonite but even the downtown boys look pretty cool in them too.  If you own one and live in New York, you might want to pull out because I hear it's going to rain the next few days.  Happy almost Spring!















I don't think all these styles are Barbour but they're close enough.
Photos from Barbour.  Other photos that were taken by a certain fashion blogger were taken down after his office told me that I violated his copyright on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment