Thursday 17 March 2011

Little China Girl

I can't wait until I can design my own house someday because it's definitely getting a china closet and butler's pantry.  Right now, I have to pull things out of a cabinet in order to get to something else.  I long for the day when everything has a place and is easily accessible.  I've already been tucking away tear sheets and these are just some spaces that I find inspiring.  A few are actually kitchens but can be adapted to any room.  Enjoy!

Walk in china closets like this Nymphenburg one are amazing.

I hope Janet de Botton has a good housekeeper to dust all her china.

I think everyone is envious of Bunny Williams' china closet. 

Bunny Williams has another fabulous china closet in her house in the Dominican Republic.

Thanks to all the readers who pointed out that this one belongs to Carolyne Roehm.  I love the garden view.

When Stefan and I toured Vizcaya in Miami, we enjoyed the butler's pantries and china rooms.

This smaller butler's pantry at Vizcaya served the Banquet room.

It was hard to photograph but there was a clean up sink on the left side of the room and a shelf outside the room to hold plates and dishes.

I think this room is from Southern Accents. 

Kate Spade has a butler's pantry that leads to the kitchen.

Love this room designed by Suzanne Kasler.

Martha Stewart created this little china closet.

I think Kelly Wearsler's china was stored in her kitchen but the dark color is dramatic.

I read that some butler's pantries were painted white for hygienic reasons so they could make sure they were clean.  The light ironware pieces pop against this dark room.

This is a kitchen designed by Miles Redd but the blue color would be beautiful for a butler's pantry and especially if it complemented your china.

Miles Redd also designed this blue wet bar which is also on my future house wish list.

The silver was locked up in a special room at Vizcaya as it was at the Copshaholm estate in South Bend, Indiana.

This butler's pantry was designed by McKim, Mead and White in 1896 for Staatsburgh House in New York.

The butler's pantry at Skylands, Martha Stewart's house in Maine came with the previous owners china.  The previous owners happened to be Mr. and Mrs. Edsel Ford so it was pretty snazzy.

Martha's butler's pantry also has a linen press.

Martha's perfectly pressed napkins.

Tablecloths at Skylands are rolled and hung on the wall so they remain wrinkle free and ready to go.  I definitely want this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment