Friday 29 July 2011

By Invitation

A few readers asked me about my bulletin board so I thought I would take a minute to explain.  It is actually an old one that came from my childhood bedroom.  I covered it in batting and then attached fabric with a staple gun.  When a board has ribbons, it's usually referred to as an "invitation board" since you would tuck invitations under the ribbon.  I crossed strips of ribbon and stapled them behind before using small upholstery tacks to keep them down on the front.  I don't like making holes in my postcards and pictures so I prefer this method.  The best part is that if you redecorate, you can just change out the fabric or switch out the ribbon for another color.  Pottery Barn makes two sizes of bulletin boards that look great as they are or you could also add the ribbon and tacks.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment