Wednesday 11 May 2011

Kips Bay Decorator Show House 2011: Robert Stilin

Before I start posting about the Elle Decor Modern Life Concept House which I am visiting today, I figured I should try to squeeze in a few last Kips Bay Decorator Show House rooms. As someone who studied and loves art, I will always have an affinity for any designer who can easily incorporate artwork into their designs.  I first fell in love with the work of interior designer Robert Stilin when I saw his living room at the Hamptons Designer Show House in 2009.  At Kips Bay, Robert was faced with decorating not only half of the top floor but also the terraces on either side.  It was rainy the day that I visited which meant that I didn't get to photograph all of the outdoor spaces which perfectly complement the art filled interiors. I think the best thing about show houses is that you get to see so many different design styles under one roof.  Sometimes we get so caught up in "our" style that we forget that there are a lot of great "other" styles out there and this room is a fantastic art filled example.














Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment