Tuesday 15 May 2012

Freeze Frame

I didn't get a chance to write a proper post today because of a long meeting to go over the color proofs for the book.  (It's almost finished! Hooray!)  Then I was off to a cocktail party to celebrate the Kips Bay Decorator Show House with blogger friends Slim Paley and Architect Design.  But this gives me the perfect opportunity to remind you that the house opens tomorrow, May 16 and will run through June 14, 2012.  Unfortunately tonight's weather was grey and dreary which obscured the amazing view above which I was lucky to see on Friday when I photographed the house, or apartments, as is the case this year.  It is honestly the best Kips Bay Decorator Show House in years and is filled with lots of great shades of green and amazing art.  I am not allowed to post my photos until after The New York Times on Thursday but it will definitely be worth the wait.  

This post also gives me the opportunity to share the sad news of the death of my beloved BlackBerry.  (RIP little keys.) I have finally moved over to an iPhone and while I am still not used to typing on the screen, I do love taking Instagram photos as seen above.  It brings to mind a lyric from the J. Giels Band, "snapshot image froze without a sound." You can follow me and my photos at habituallychic. (Yes, I'm everywhere.) Please excuse any typos until my thumbs get acclimated.  And rest assured, we'll be back tomorrow with our regularly scheduled program.  

Later skaters!

Photo by moi

No comments:

Post a Comment