Monday 22 August 2011

The Eye Has to Travel

I knew that Lisa Immordino Vreeland who is married to Diana Vreeland's grandson Alexander was working on a documentary about the legendary editor.  What I didn't know is that there is also a book, The Eye Has to Travel, out October 1, 2011.  I read about it one of my ginormous September issue fashion magazines and when I can remember which, I will give the credit. I love Diana Vreeland stories and quotes.  Her over the top style always resulted in the best photos and later museum exhibitions. I wonder what she would think about today's online fashion coverage and street style photographers.  Knowing her, she'd probably be the one everyone was swarming around.

"You gotta have style. It helps you get up in the morning." - Diana Vreeland

No comments:

Post a Comment