Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Fresh Prince of Canada

I was familiar with the brand Joe Fresh but it wasn't until I attended the grand opening of their new flagship store last week that I really fell in love.  My favorite Canadian interior designer Tommy Smythe knows the owner Joe Mimran and his wife Kim Newport, the designer of Pink Tartan, and was kind enough to invite me along as his date. The store is located in a landmark building that I will talk about in my next post that includes a famous Bertoia screen and sculpture.  These alone are worth visiting but you will be glad you stopped by once you see the amazing striped shirts and dresses and other chic pieces.  I think summer is the perfect time to spend less on clothing since it tends to get dirty due to suntan lotion, self tanner, and let's face it sweat.  You really can't beat the prices at Joe Fresh but you better beat the crowds since many of their items sell out fast.  You've been warned!  

Joe Fresh owner Joseph Mimran

The Tulip Dress was popular at the party.  Joe Fresh does not have e-commerce yet but I heard that you can call the stores and have them ship you an item if you have a FedEx account. 

The famous Bertoia screen.

I saw women carrying this Marine Dress at the opening night party and I'm so glad I scooped one up for myself.  At $29 it was a steal and now it seems to be sold out. The stripe is also orange not red since the signature color of Joe Fresh is orange, just another reason why I love them.


I actually went back for this Marine Boatneck Tee.  The fabric is heavy quality for a shirt that is only $19!


I also picked up this Striped Dress in another colorway for $29. I actually would have bought more if they hadn't been sold out of lot of popular items.  I will definitely be stalking the stores weekly from now on!






The Bertoia sculpture original to the building. 


Photos courtesy of Joe Fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment