Tuesday 24 January 2012

Chic Hollywood Hills Home: Part I

One of the most fun things I was able to do in Los Angeles was meet interior designer Mark D. Sikes.  Not only did he let me visit his gorgeous home in the Hollywood Hills but photograph it as well.  You might recognize it from the December/January 2012 issue of House Beautiful.  And before I go any farther, a full resource guide can be found online here since I know I will get questions about where to find things. It's always fun to see a space you have seen in a magazine in person.  They only have room for so many photos so you miss so much.  What struck me is how "East Coast" the house looks and not at all what you expect to see in Hollywood or California for that matter. You can see the influences also of Oscar de la Renta's house in Punta Cana and even Whitney Fairchild's Hamptons home that was featured in House & Garden magazine years ago. Mark used to work in visual merchandising but has transitioned now to interior design and it's clear that he has a great future ahead of him. I took so many photos that they wouldn't fit in just one post so this is a look at just the first floor.  Pretty amazing huh?













































Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment