Sunday 22 January 2012

Chic in LA: Kendall Conrad

My trip to Los Angeles was so scheduled that I barely had time to breathe but I did manage to find some time to shop.  On Saturday, I met a friend at Brentwood Country Mart which couldn't be cuter. And thanks to the power of twitter, Julia Leach of Chance, alerted me that I had to stop by the Kendall Conrad pop up shop there.  I'm so glad she did too because not only did I love the small store design and wall of black and white photos but the fabulous leathergoods. I'm not a girly girl so I prefer clean lined bags and accessories and sometimes even buy those designed for men.  Kendall Conrad gets my aesthetic and I seriously could have bought one of everything.  The bags feature brass hardware influenced by equestrian accouterments and her Spanish heritage which extends to a jewelry line of rings and bracelets. I ended up buying the Esclava chocolate leather and brass cuff bracelet but I have a feeling that I'm going to be ordering the Maquillaje make up bag in white leather and a laptop case before long. She even designs items for dogs and men.  (I so want to make a joke that they are the same but will refrain.)  I was also beyond surprised to find out that no stores in New York carry Kendall Conrad.  Some chic shop owner needs to get on that! 













Photos courtesy of Kendall Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment