Tuesday 1 November 2011

Off to Morocco!

I'm off to the airport to leave for my trip to Morroco.  (For those of you who subscribe, I will probably have landed in Casablanca by the time you read this.) I'm extremely excited and only mildly nervous, mostly about the withdrawal symptoms that I am going to suffer from not being able to use my Crackberry.  I had planned to tweet in real time during the trip but AT&T doesn't have an International data plan for Morocco.  I will only be able to tweet from my laptop at the hotels so I don't risk obscenely expensive bill when I return.  On the plus side, it will mean that I can be truly present and enjoy each moment in Morocco without distraction.  I'm even thinking of taking along my colored pencils and a sketch book.

I am beyond grateful to have be invited on this amazing trip that has been planned to the nines by the Tourism Board of Morocco and the HL Group. Since it is a press trip, we will be introduced to many places that I might not have visited on my own.  After arrving in Casablanca, we will head to the seaside port of El Jadida and stay at the Mazagan Beach Resort.  The next day we travel to Oulidia, Safi and Essouira where we will stay at L'Heure Bleue.  We will visit an Argan Oil cooperative run by women in Agadir, a saffron harvest in Talouine, and the walled city of Taroudant. In Agadir, we stay at the Hotel Atlas Kasbah before it's on to Marrakech where we wil be staying at the Four Seasons. I'm most excited about shopping in the souk and visiting the Jardins Majorelle and the Ben Youssef Medressa.

I have a feeling this week is going to fly by and I can't wait to share my experiences and photos of the amazing architecture when I return.  Not sure if I will look as chic Talitha Getty above did in Morocco in 1969 but I sure am going to try! Later skaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment