Tuesday 29 November 2011

Palate Cleanser

UPDATE: The photos from this post are now gone because I was contacted by somone who claimed to own the copyright.  After receiving several rude emails from them, I decided to take them down.  I apologize for the inconvenience.


I think we all know by now that I like stuff.  I like homes filled with collections and curiosities picked up along a lifetime spent traveling the world.  But every once in a while it all becomes a bit too much and you need a palate cleanser.  Think of it as a bowl of clear broth soup after a gluttonous Thanksgiving. I saw a few of these photos from the apartment of Wolfgang Benkhen in Hamburg, Germany on tumblr but it wasn't until today that I saw the entire space.  I don't love it all.  I'm not a fan of the kitchen or bedroom but I do love the herringbone floors, leaning artwork, and the piles of books and magazines. I also like how much better modern furniture looks in European interiors.  Wish it looked that good here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment