Thursday 17 November 2011

Talking Pictures

Last week, I attended a chic little soiree for Talking Pictures by Ellen Graham. I mentioned once before that Mrs. Graham is one the best celebrity photographers whose name you probably don't know but I bet you have seen her work. She's shot all the greats but I have a feeling she likes staying a little under the radar.  She also happens to be the mother of the bachelor whose apartment you may remember I decorated a few years back  I got the chance to get to know her during that project and am really in awe of her career.  She was one of very few female photographers at a time when most women didn't even work at all.  I read an interview recently where she mentioned that it was easier to photograph the men since they don't care about airbrushing.  I can totally relate but I'm glad some sat for her in addition to the hunky men.  I'm not sure if she shot Paul Newman but like his photos I posted recently, this book is full of timeless images of real movie stars.  Those were the days.
Marisa Berenson and Diana Vreeland

Gloria Swanson

Candice Bergen and brother
Andy Warhol

Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock

No comments:

Post a Comment