Tuesday 26 April 2011

About Last Night

I have lived in New York since the Tribeca Film Festival was founded but have never attended a single film.  Not because I didn't want to but because by the time I figured out which movies I wanted to see, they were always sold out. That is why I am very excited that films are now available to purchase on demand on Amazon.com and Time Warner Cable.  I watched Last Night by filmmaker Massy Tadjedin recently and was blown away by the performances.  The story focuses on Keira Knightly and Sam Worthington who married but having a few issues.  He is tempted by a colleague, played by Eva Mendes, on a work trip and she by an old flame, French actor Guillaume Canet, both on the same evening.  The question arises, will they or won't they cheat?  Keira Knightly is absolutely brilliant and even the sets which I assume are real apartments are pretty spectacular.  But the best part is that it's never sold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment