Friday 1 April 2011

Revisiting the Art of James Nares

I wrote about artist James Nares shortly after a began my blog which was almost three and a half years ago.  Since then, his work has shown up in many more publications.  I love seeing how great his flowing calligraphy brush stroke art looks in such a variety of interiors.  What's even more interesting is James Nares suspends himself to paint them.  I think I might have to see if he's open to a studio visit!  Bon Weekend!

John Barrett residence from Elle Decor

Todd Alexander Romano via New York Social Diary

Josie Natori from Elle Decor

Baroness Bruno de Pampleonne

Michael Rosenberg and Assoc.

Foley & Cox

Alexandra von Furstenberg

Kara Mann

Laura Day via Lonny

Michael Smith

Blue Carreon

“It’s a fine balance between design and the thing making itself happen. The stroke has to have complete precision to work. Sometimes I lose it on the exit. You can’t fudge it. It ruins the whole thing.” The resulting figures are almost always contained within the rectangle. “It’s less of a window if I keep it within the confines of the canvas, but there’s almost always a drip that’s an umbilical cord.” - James Nares

No comments:

Post a Comment