Monday 19 September 2011

Derek Lam Spring 2012

”When I’m doing a little California dreamin’, I am in a beautifully appointed mid-century home, like the Kaufmann House in Palm Springs, by Richard Neutra.  The clean minimal interior, the wide open desert landscape, the informality of living in nature yet also sheltered in rational and soul warming architecture; that is my mind wandering to a place of salubrious comfort.  But it’s not all strict lines and raw space.  Somewhere, there is Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack crooning by the piano and Angie Dickenson is lounging by a crystal blue pool.  Mid-century louche and luxury, in my dreams…” - Derek Lam

The above statement was printed on the cover of the run of show notes and it was too wonderful not to post in its entirety.  I also promise that this is my last Derek Lam post but I couldn't give you a look at all that went on backstage without finishing it up with a look at the actual runway show.

































Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment