Thursday 8 September 2011

Missoni for Target

If the empty shelves at the Missoni for Target Private Launch Event last night were any indication of the positive reaction to the new collection, I would suggest camping out in front of your local store now for the September 13th launch.  If you are lucky enough to be in New York now, you'll be able to shop at the Missoni for Target Pop Up Shop at 1095 Sixth Avenue at 42nd Street.  They will open to the public tonight for Fashion's Night Out at 6:00pm until 11:00pm. They will be open September 9th and 10th from 9:00am - 8:00pm on while supplies last which probably won't be long!

The shelves did not look like this when I arrived 45 minutes after the private party began.  They were picked so clean I thought I might cry.

Luckily, I waited around until some people put back a few things they didn't want.  I scored a signature zig zag cardigan that I saw at the preview as well as a notebook and make up bag. 

The advertising features Margherita Missoni who was at the party last night with her mother and grandmother who founded the company.

The design team from Target worked very closely with the Missoni family and traveled to Italy to look through the archives for inspiration.

I'm sad that I missed out on all the pillows and home goods last night.  I hope I can order some things online on September 13th.

The collection includes everything but the kitchen sink.  I saw bathing suits, bicycles, ottomans, paper products and a chic laptop case among hundreds of other items at the preview a few months ago.

Margherita was shot with some of the chic products for Vogue recently.

They shot the pieces in her apartment.

I missed out on the vases too.

If you can find one of the bicycles, I highly suggested you buy one.  They were one of my favorite pieces from the Missoni for Target collection.  You can use it to make a quick getaway from the store after you go shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment