Thursday 15 September 2011

NYFW: The World of Ralph


I attended my first ever Ralph Lauren fashion show today and I can tell you that it was even more magical than I imagined.  I was wondering why Ralph Lauren holds their show at Skylight Studios all the way downtown.  When I walked inside, the answer was clear.  Every detail from the sisal carpet to the beautiful floral arrangement and crystal sconces was classic Ralph Lauren.  It was so elegant yet completely comfortable which is how I would also describe the Spring 2012 collection. The opening ensembles were full of pastels and sweet florals but it was the glittering gowns and ivory outfits that stole the show.  There was definitely a 1920's influence but it was interpreted in a very modern way.  I really loved the cloches and even the menswear tailoring wasn't too over the top.  It was all pure Ralph, right down to the floor.

The welcoming floral arrangement for spring.

People start taking their seats.

Olivia Wilde looked even more gorgeous in person.

Newly married daughter Dylan greets guests.

Wife Ricky arrives.

I was excited to see the chic Shala Monroque.

And even more excited when she sat in front of me.

Alexandra Kotur and editor in chief Jay Fielden represent Town & Country at the show. I hear that Lauren Bush and David Lauren will grace the October cover of the magazine too.

I loved editor Giovanna Battaglia's dress. 

I bet you know what magazine this group works for thanks to The City. That's Joe Zee in the middle flanked by Anne Slowey and editor in chief Robbie Myers of ELLE.

All of that action happened before the runway show began.  After that, it was pure magic.  The following are some of my favorites and more importantly, the photos that didn't come out blurry!  Bonus points for those of you who can spot all the magazine editors and one very famous photog in the audience! Enjoy!

UPDATE: I just noticed that if you click on the photos to see them larger, you can now view them in a slideshow.  They all look much better larger too!  Bon Weekend!





























Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment