Tuesday 13 March 2012

Flea Market Finds and Fresh Flowers

There is no cheaper pick me up for a home than fresh flowers. I've been treating myself to fresh blooms all winter including flowering the Quince branches above. They last a few weeks and are a beautiful harbinger of spring which definitely feels to be sprung in New York. 

Another great inexpensive pick me up is a trip to the flea market.  I stopped by The Garage and parking lot on 25th Street the last two Sundays and found some really great items.  Yesterday was a very lucky day that resulted in the loot above.  I spent about $120 for everything and I couldn't be happier with each piece. By the way, please ignore the color of my floors. If I owned this apartment, refinishing them a darker color would be priority number one. 

The vintage wooden tennis racquet is a fun addition to my umbrella stand from Pearl River Mart and umbrellas from J.Crew and the 2009 Whitney Art Party. 

I love that this blue and white porcelain vase is painted on the bottom. The top lid comes off and has holes in it.  If anyone knows what it would have originally held, please feel free to enlighten me.

I was looking for a new lamp for my side table and this one was only $20.  It will need to be rewired and   a new shade and harp will have to be purchased but in the end, it will still cost less than any new lamp on the market.

The same vendor who sold me the lamp also sold me this covered dish for $5.  A steal!

This is the mark on the bottom.

The little silver box is wood lined and was only $25. The top doesn't close on the right side but you really can't tell. The mark on the bottom reads "WYLER, EPNS, MADE IN ENGLAND. I found the Flaubert book underneath last week and bought it just for the pretty blue cover. 

So if you're in need of a little spring cheer, I highly recommend some flowers or the flea market.  You can't really go wrong with either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment