Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Book: Creativity at Work

I am beyond excited to announce that my book Habitually Chic: Creativity at Work is available for pre-order on Amazon.com.  The book will peek into the work spaces of creative people in fashion, design, art, and other industries.  It will be a chic mix of uptown, downtown, young, old, established, and up and coming.  The publication date is November 6, 2012 by powerHouse Books and it will be a full color coffee table book full of all new photos that I took myself.  

Those featured include Jenna Lyons and Frank Muytjens of J.Crew;  fashion designers Peter Som, Chris Benz, and Michael Bastian; jewelry designer James de Givenchy of TAFFIN; landscape designer Miranda Brooks; artist Jeremiah Goodman; John Truex and Richard Lambertson of Tiffany & Co.; antiques dealer Gerald Bland; interior designer Bunny Williams; potter and designer extraordinaire Jonathan Adler, and many more. I can't give away the entire list but there will be over 30 people featured and a few exciting surprises. 

The cover above is the working cover and the image will probably change.  I do know that it will be a pretty orange linen cover with an inset photo instead of a book with dust jacket. We have also laid out out all the photos but are just now adding the text.  Once we have some final layouts, I will definitely be posting some sneak peeks and out takes.  It's been a long labor of love but I've kept my readers in mind through out the entire process and I really think you are going to enjoy Habitually Chic: Creativity at Work. 

XOXO, 

HC

N.B. A few people have asked about book signings and availability.  I will definitely let you all know about signings closer to the release date in November.  I plan to hit as many cities in the US as possible and also Toronto.  Random House Books is the distributor so it should be available in most countries and online.  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment