Friday 2 March 2012

Unplugged

When I spoke on the panel at the Americas Mart in Atlanta in January, I was asked what trends I was seeing online.  I answered that I was noticing that more and more people were taking time to unplug.  I definitely saw some people roll their eyes and scoff at my observation.  Last night at dinner, my friends mentioned being overwhelmed by the internet and too much information and that they have been trying to cut back.  Then this morning, I read that Emily of  Cupcakes and Cashmere  took an afternoon to shut off.  

On Tuesday, I took a time out to enjoy the sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures and walk to Central Park.  Sometimes I forget that people dream of living in New York and maybe I shouldn't take this great city for granted. I used to make time for exploring and plan to start doing this again and documenting my adventures.  These are just a few photos of this particular jaunt uptown.  I hope they remind you to get out and smell the roses, and daffodils, this weekend. 













Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment