Monday 3 October 2011

Chic in Chicago

Perhaps I should have announced my trip to Chicago before Morocco since my visit to the Windy City is coming up next week.  I will be in Chicago to celebrate the grand opening of Ian Schrager's new Public Hotel and I'm excited to dine in the famous Pump Room and see the sights.  I am also looking forward to meeting Alessandra Branca whose fabulous office is pictured here and seeing her store Branca. I also can't wait to catch up with my friend Laurie Reynolds who got married, moved to Chicago and is now working for Alessandra. No trip would be complete without a little shopping and the famous clothing store Ikram and Jayson Home & Garden are both at the top of my list.  May also have to scope out the vintage furniture at Wright Auction House and take some photos of Millennium Park.  I arrive on Columbus Day and might be tempted to jump on a parade float and sing Danke Schoen a la Ferris Bueller but I'll try to control myself.  If you have any tips or suggestions for Chicago, please feel free to send them my way.




Photos by John Bessler for Traditional Home

No comments:

Post a Comment